Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cablevision - refund process is for the birds!

My most recent encounter with Cablevision (a cable service provider in Northern New Jersey) is not a pleasant one! It never is...

All too much, I seem to overpay my cable bill due to the online statements that never seem to be up to date. Getting a refund for an overpayment is a time consuming process. Not sure about you, but I don't have spare time in my life to entertain service representatives (that are just doing their job) that have poor processes in place from their management.

To get a refund, I needed to:
  • make a call to the service line (you know what that means, several options and minutes to connect to a representative)
  • Provide me reason for refund to the representative, and then wait for a call back from the billing department. The call came a week later.
  • The billing department could not use the notes in the system, including the note made by the customer service representative that I paid the bill twice as proof that I overpaid. He required additional information.
  • Additional information was bank statements (yes -my PERSONAL bank statements) that needed to be faxed to him.
  • Once received, the refund would start processing and would be completed in 5-7 business days.
By that time, I would be paying my next bill. Not sure who has time for this, but if the bills online were more accurate to begin with - this would never need to take place! You can easily tell by the calm demeanor and lack of empathy by the billing representative that this happens all too much!

Horrible refund process, bad customer service.

Venting complete. Mood elevated :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! i cancelled my communicom service here in oklahoma and payed my last bill. turns out i overpaid it by $83.00. asked for a refund and was told maybe in 3 months. After complaining, i bet it for sure it is never. They told me they hold the overpayment that long in case i return as a customer. I asked to talk to their boss and was told that i cant call him, only he can call me. guess i be waiting on that call forever too. they are nuts. where has customer service gone these days??

    ReplyDelete